Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Snowy Nature Walk

I've been reading and following the weekly exercises from a book called The Artist's Way. I am really enjoying it and am feeling more creative and in tune with nature since. This past Sunday I went for a walk through Hudson Springs Park with my camera. I saw wonderful textures and my imagination had fun on my walk in the woods after a big snowfall the night before. I saw trees that looked like the perfect setting for a Hobbit or Fairy's home and even spotted a little grapevine twig in the shape of a heart - a sign for me. I'd forgotten how fun it could be to just enjoy nature - getting out in the cold, alone in the woods (there were a couple of others I passed on my walk, but mostly it was me, the trees and lots of snow. My walk reminded me to always enjoy the beauty in whatever is outside my door!

My sign, a perfect hear in the snow at my feet.

It sure looks like a door for a hobbit or fairy's home to me.


The colors were just beautiful against the white snow in this milk pod.



The creek was still flowing and the root system looked like fairy condos.


It was amazing, these leaves had survived the snow and wind.



No comments:

Post a Comment