Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Road trip to Columbus

Well, today I drove to Columbus for Artiscape, a really fun weekend of art, friends and classes. It's a 2 hour drive from my home to Columbus and I have a few favorite places to stop on the way. First stop was Gahana for some bead shopping. I am also a jewelry artist and am always looking for unique beads to add a special touch to a necklace or bracelet that I make for a friend, myself or for sale. The Gahana Bead Studio is a great shop with lots of unique glass beads, vintage brass findings, and more. Of course I found a few things that had to come home with me. I then stopped at CWI Craft wholesalers in Reynoldsburg, only open to the wholesale industry though. They have art supplies, primitive home decorations and cookbooks by Gooseberry Patch.  By then, it was time to check in at the hotel and give a call to my husband to let him know I had arrived safely. I'm looking forward to some creative inspiration for a few days. Hopefully I'll have time to post some more pics as the week goes on. Until then...


Bead stash
These are my treasures from the Gahana Bead Studio shopping, I can't wait to get home and play with them. The C-Koop pendants were great little enamel pendants. 

Glass beads  
The first photo doesn't do justice to the really great colors that these beads had, beautiful blues, greens and golds! 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and findings. How great that you treat yourself to a few days! Will see you tomorrow, hopefully! xo Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I'm already jealous! What gorgeous beads you found! Today is just beautiful weather so hope you find some time to get outside too. Have a wonderful trip Dawn!

    ReplyDelete